Friday, October 15, 2010

Best Diapers and Wipes (For Newborns up to 6 months)

If you're about to have your first baby and wondering which diapers to add to your registry, check the list below:

Best Diapers for Newborns
Pampers Swaddlers (and Swaddlers Sensitive)

  • These diapers are soft and easier on the baby's skin.  I've also never experienced any leaking with Pampers.  I have experienced leaking with Huggies. 


Best Diapers for Babies 2mos+
Pampers Baby Dry
  • These are my absolute favorite diapers!  They stay dryer longer and don't bulk up nearly as much as other diapers.  They felt kind of weird at first (after using Swaddlers) because the texture is very different, but they fit better and are more practical.  

Best Wipes
Huggies Natural Care
  • Although I do not like Huggies diapers, I love the wipes.  We received many different brands of wipes at our baby shower, but Huggies have been my favorite.  The Natural Care line is perfect for babies with sensitive skin.  Huggies wipes are thicker and seem to clean better.  They may be a little more expensive, but you won't use them as quickly as the cheaper brands.  Plus, it is easy to find coupons and sales.  Wipes are definitely a product you want to purchase with quality in mind.  The Wal-Mart brand, Parents' Choice, may be cheaper, but they are thin and terrible.  
Of course, all of this is based on my personal experiences.  I've tried most brands (especially all of the discount diapers) in search for a cheap but effective product.  If you're on a budget and need to save money, look for coupons and deals (Target has frequent sales in the baby section).  When it comes to diapers and wipes, you'll save more money in the long run by purchasing quality items.  

2 comments:

  1. I have also heard good things about the chlorine free Seventh Generation diapers, but they tend to run small in size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE Pampers Swaddlers fan and I'm so excited that they came out in Size 3 recently!

    ReplyDelete