Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Canyon De Chelly: 10 Months Later

The story behind the birth of my daughter is a long one.  I won't go into details, but I was in labor for over 2 days and didn't realize it.  My mother and grandmother were visiting us at the time, and since the baby hadn't come yet, we decided to take Grandma to see Canyon De Chelly.  If you've never been, it's in Chinle, AZ and is absolutely amazing.

Well, it was probably a silly thing do, but it made for an interesting story.  I was in labor while we were there and fighting contractions the entire time.  This is a picture of my husband and me (17 hours before our daughter was born)...


... and THIS is a picture of me during a contraction.  


We only have about 2 months left on the "rez" and I've been wanting to take our daughter back to Canyon De Chelly.  I wanted to get some pictures of her to keep as she gets older.  Today provided the perfect opportunity as we were meeting an old friend in Chinle.

10 Months and 2 Weeks Later: 


Pretty cool.  :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment