Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Procrastination...

I don't know if anyone actually "follows" my blog regularly; I highly doubt it.  I am assuming my friends and family read it on occasion, but for the most part, random passersby stumble upon it through Google search boxes.  Perhaps a mother or two see a post pop up on their Blogger dashboard and take a gander once in a while.  However, if you happen to have been checking up on my blog over the past few weeks, I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth.

The first time I took a break from blogging was because of holiday travel.  Then, my daughter got sick (for weeks), and I just continued to put it off.  Once I get out of the habit of doing something and try to get back into it, procrastination overcomes me.

Alas, here I am.  We are back from our 2nd round of holiday travels and finally settling into our routine once again.  Honestly, I had no intentions of jumping back into the blog today, but my husband is watching football, the baby is asleep, and I'm pretty much caught up with my cleaning.

I've been thinking about this blog for days.  I have many ideas for posts, but they aren't specifically related to the original purpose of this blog.  When I started writing this, I wanted to help other moms who are in my shoes by organizing useful information.  My daughter is almost 7 months old now.  I think after about 6 months, you're not really a "new" mom anymore.  I think I've gotten the hang of this, and I don't freak out or worry much about things.  What I'm saying is, there aren't really any burning issues in the back of my mind when it comes to providing information to new moms.  I've also managed to get my postpartum craziness under control.  My hair is still falling out, but it's gotten much better.  Plus, it's growing back!  :-)  I am no longer angry at the world.  My motivation to write has somewhat decreased.

Because of all of this, my posts might be a little more random in content and timing.  I do, however, still want to offer my advice (whatever it may be worth) to anyone seeking it.  If you are a new mother and want my opinion on "mom stuff", please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment