Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Soooo Stressed!

I haven't been blogging lately because of everything that is going on.  I am beyond stressed and overwhelmed with this move.

In June, our little family is packing up and moving across the country.  Yes, we'll be close to family and friends... FINALLY, but we're teachers.  Teachers do not get paid during the summer.  Plus, I haven't even been working this year (SAHM), so we're already suffocating financially.  I have a brilliant idea!  Let's add a cross-country move to the mix!

We have been incredibly blessed this week as I have accepted a job offer.  We have the security of knowing at least one of us will be bringing in an income and will have access to insurance in a few months.  This is a huge relief.  I just wish my husband would receive a call.  He's an amazing teacher and cares more about his students than anyone could possibly know.  He has accomplished incredible things here.  His resume is awesome.  The employment opportunities just aren't there.  His content area is not in high demand, and the market is flooded.  The one place where we felt slightly optimistic he would find a job has received over 80 applicants.  Who wants to risk hiring someone on the opposite side of the country when they have 80 people ready to walk in the door?

It's stressful to say the least.  My heart goes out to my husband.  He's one of these guys who has to work hard and provide for his family in order to feel any sort of self-worth.  I'm grateful for that; I just wish I could pull out a magic wand and create a teaching position for him.  :-)

We also still have no place to live.  Our family members are all willing to let us stay with them until we find a place.  Again... awesome.  I just hate all of this uncertainty.  I am one who must have a plan and schedule.  I have to know exactly what is happening each day, or I am an absolute mess.  I need to know we have a house waiting on us somewhere.

Bleh.  I'm so sick of looking for houses and job vacancies.  If you hear a loud crunching sound, that's just me throwing my computer into the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment