Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Craving Chocolate? Easy/Cheap Recipe

Desperately wanting chocolate and having no sweet treats anywhere in my house, I decided to raid my pantry and create something.  What did I find?  A bag of marshmallows, a box of rice Chex cereal, and a tiny bit of Nutella.

Yummy Nutella and Cereal Treats:
  1. Put a spoonful of margarine in a bowl and add the bag of marshmallows.  Heat in microwave until puffed.
  2. Spoon desired amount of Nutella into the bowl and stir.  I used a heaping spoonful but will use a little less next time.  It doesn't take much.
  3. Stir in Chex cereal.
  4. Spoon into pan and let set.  I put mine in the freezer as I really, really wanted to eat it right away.  
It was pretty good!  My husband loved it.  I didn't have to buy a thing.  Just grab any plain cereal you have in your kitchen, add some marshmallows and Nutella, and you have a simple, sweet treat.  You could even use Fiber One cereal and make it healthier.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment