Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just Look at the Little One

I love my daughter.  I know parents always say they love their kids and that it's a different kind of love, but you have no idea until it happens to you.  There is no way to describe it.  It consumes your soul in a way that you would have never thought possible....

My time today with the wee one was wonderful.  This particular wave of the teething phase is temporarily at a pause, and I have my happy, little girl back.  It was such a fun day.  Then... I talk to adults... old colleagues, friends, my husband.  Instantly, I'm overwhelmed with CRAP.  Their day sucked, so my evening now has to suck.  I get caught up in the nonsense and angry at ridiculous situations that are beyond my control.

I begin to forget about my awesome day.  Then, the baby lets out a whimper in her sleep, and I rush to her side.  I look at her perfect little face, big, chubby cheeks, silly little sleeping grin, and she brings me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment