Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

FATspiration Tip #4

Another week is coming to a close for me, and I must face the scale tomorrow morning.  This has been a rough week... which brings me to this post.

FATspiration Tip #4:  There will be rough patches.

If you've read any of my earlier FAT related posts, you know this is my 3rd week on Weight Watchers.  I really do love the program and think it's a great fit for me.  If you're not familiar with the program, you have a daily Points allowance based on your height and weight.  However, you also have a weekly allowance for days you inevitably splurge.  AND... in addition to the weekly Points, you can even swap your activity Points if you still need that extra wiggle room.

Thank God.

For whatever reason, this week got off to a rough start.  I have a lot going on right now, and I'm assuming I reverted back to my terrible habit of compulsive overeating.  I literally wanted to eat everything in my house.  I definitely needed those extra points this week.  I didn't totally ruin my diet, but I did use about half of my extra (weekly) Points.  The fact that I didn't completely throw the diet out the window because of a few bad days is a big deal for me.  In the past, I would have given up.  Now, I have to just face the fact that there are going to be days or even weeks when I'm going to struggle.  The important thing is to keep pushing myself.  In an effort to combat the extra eating this week, I did exercise more.  I increased my elliptical workout to twice a day and continued with the vigorous walks when the weather was decent.  Hopefully, the exercise has been enough to keep me from gaining any weight back.  We'll see tomorrow morning.

Click the links below to read the first FATspiration Tips.
FATspiration Tips 1, 2, & 3

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Found you though the blog hops! Such an adorable space you have here. I'm your newest follower, hope you'll swing by and return the favor! Be sure to leave me a comment letting me know who you are, I miss so many cool bloggers who follow because they don't comment! Thanks! http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete