Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Healthier (and Super Easy) Calzones

I tried a new recipe/creation this evening, and my husband really liked it.  It was super easy, quick, and would be a fun meal for kids so I thought I would share.  I found a basic recipe on the WW site but changed it to be more flavorful and filling.  You could change/add whatever you like to make it suitable for your family.

4 Servings

Ingredients:
10oz frozen pizza dough (I just used an 11oz thin crust refrigerated dough.)
     -room temperature
4Tbsp Fat-free canned tomato sauce
1/4 cup (or more) Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
Pepperoni?
Ground Turkey?
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
Onion (finely chopped, just enough for a sprinkle on each piece of dough)
Pinch of salt and pepper
Whatever else you want to add!

Instructions:
Roll out dough on baking sheet.  Form it into a square and cut into 4 smaller squares.  Add a Tbsp of sauce to each piece of dough.  Spread.  Sprinkle with garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and cheese.  Add additional toppings.  Fold dough in half diagonally or pull up each corner.  pinch the corners or edges together.  Bake at 375 for 11-15 minutes.

I only used one slice of pepperoni on mine but 5 on the others for my husband.  I needed to keep my Points low.  Next time, I'll plan for more points and add a little ground turkey.  I think I'll also add some chopped green pepper.  :)  Again, this is a really easy recipe and quick to throw together.  It would also be a fun meal for the kids to help prepare.  :)

If you try it and have any suggestions, please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment