Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Scrumdiddlyumptious Cheese Ball Recipe

I love being invited to neighborly functions, but I never know what to make as a contribution to the yummy assortment of food.  My husband and I are heading over to the neighbor's tomorrow evening, and as I racked my brain this morning, trying to decide what I should take, I finally settled on a CHEESE BALL.

I use all caps when I say CHEESE BALL because it is the most delicious CHEESE BALL ever.  Well, at least my family thinks so.  The recipe has been handed down from generation to generation....  Not really....  One of my ex-stepmothers taught it to me, but "generation to generation" makes it sound much more intriguing.  It's a super easy recipe, and I'm sure it's common knowledge to many.  However, on the off chance you haven't tried it, I would like to share it with "ya'll".   : )  Even if you don't usually like cheese ball, you'll love this one.

BEST CHEESE BALL EVER
2 packs of cream cheese
2 oz chopped corned beef (1 pack of Carl Budding tastes great and is super cheap)
1/2 cup or more of chopped green onion (green stems only)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Accent

Just mix all ingredients together.  It is best to do it with your hands.  This recipe makes enough cheese ball for quite a few people, but I usually double it.  If you prefer to use low-fat cream cheese, feel free to try it, but it isn't nearly as tasty.

Buy some Ritz crackers, and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment