Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So This is What a Clean House is Like...

Huh....  My house is clean.  The entire house is clean.  I usually just keep the front area somewhat picked up in the event a visitor should drop by, but having every room clean is something that has never happened before.

My husband and I live on a reservation, and since we are not of the native population, we have to live on the school district's housing compound.  The houses are decent, and the rent is super cheap.  The only downfall (I used to think) is the fact that maintenance and security employees have the ability to walk into our houses at any time.  Honestly, I like to believe this doesn't happen aside from our yearly housing inspections, but I've heard stories stating otherwise.  Regardless, I knew the inspection was coming, and the  "down home Indiana" girl in me did not want anyone walking around my messy house... so I cleaned.  And cleaned.  And cleaned.

All of this cleaning has caused me to learn, believe it or not.  I have spent the past 2 or 3 days cleaning every nook and cranny of my house which has prohibited me from spending every waking second playing with my daughter.  I didn't like that part, but once I was finished, I was able to enjoy our time together even more.  :-)  The time we share now is different.  I'm not constantly thinking about how much I need to be cleaning; I have little else to worry about.  I can focus solely on my daughter.  It's wonderful.

I'm still in a state of disbelief regarding how clean our house is, but it's so relaxing to have a tidy living space. I never really found it important before.  I'm not saying I let my kid live in a bacteria infested death trap, but there has always been a little clutter around.  With this newly found cleanliness, relief, and worry-free time with my little girl, I think I've found a new way of life.  I truly think I'll keep my house clean from now on.  A cleaner house is a happier house.   : )

2 comments:

  1. lol, i was the same way and now that i clean weekly, it is SO easy to keep things clean. it's just light dusting and a floor cleaning but when i used to put it off, it would be an all day event. good luck keeping up with it! trust me, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to clean twice a week, downstairs on Tuesdays and upstairs on Thursdays. It helps to have a scedule. :) Thanks for participating in Traveling Through Thursday, I am following back from Momondealz. I also have a hop on Tuesdays if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete